When it comes to shaggy rugs and carpets, style fits! This type of special carpet is a unique element for every home or office. People see a bushy rug as a job, a tedious job of cleaning and maintenance. The truth is, there is nothing to fear! With a little knowledge and experience, you can easily take care of this type of floor in a suitable time frame.
Keep reading and find some tips for quick cleaning and maintenance of shaggy rugs and carpets for residential and commercial real estate.
Shaggy rug cleaning
Shag is a fun and bright material that looks unique and adds a touch of ordinary space. Good care is required to maintain their shine, pillow, and softness. Regular rug and carpet cleaning and daily maintenance is the secret to protecting a fluffy floor and extending its life. Thanks to the long fibers of shaggy carpets and rugs, dust and dirt quickly accumulate inside. For this reason, it is important to ensure proper routine maintenance and protection.
Below are some tips for cleaning and conserving this type of flooring material, as well as alternative options for special rug cleaning and care.
Shampooing is one of the most effective and efficient ways to clean shag rugs. Although this is a simple do-it-yourself task, it is recommended to have a professional carpet cleaning company that will provide services for large areas and real estate. The reason is that all areas are treated equally and within the appropriate timeframe. If shag rugs are based on silk or wood, they will need to be chemically cleaned, otherwise, there will be extensive damage. And if your shag is made from natural materials, it is important to avoid harsh cleaning solutions and chemicals.
For all other Shag floor fittings, follow these tips:
- Use the application accessories of the vacuum cleaner to remove dirt and other particles.
- Using a spray, apply clean water to the fabric and between the fibers.
- Apply the applied oxidized bleach to carpets and rugs.
- Gently wipe the carpet fiber cleaner with a clean towel until they are visible.
- Use a steam cleaner with clean water to remove excess residues.
- Use a steam cleaner on the corners and edges to ensure thorough cleaning.
- Hang dry carpets and rugs in good light and without a damp zone (preferably outside in the sun, for example). Do not replace carpets until they are completely dry to prevent mold growth and pungent odors.
- Call commercial carpet cleaning companies for larger agendas for special floors. This procedure should be followed twice a year or every six months.
For large surfaces, it is advisable to have a professional care service and clean special floors, such as carpets and rugs. This is because they maintain proper training, equipment, resources, and work to clean all types of floors for every property.