Carrying your firearm in an IWB (Inside the Waistband) holster is one of the most secure and discreet ways to carry your firearm. But with so many options on the market, finding the perfect iwb holsters can be overwhelming. In this blog post, we’ll go over some of the key factors to consider when finding the perfect fit for your gun, so you can carry your firearm safely and confidently, without sacrificing comfort or convenience.
1. Material: The material from which the holster is made is an important consideration when looking for the perfect fit. Most IWB holsters are made from leather, Kydex or a combination of both. Leather is comfortable and molds to your body over time, making it a popular choice among conceal carry enthusiasts. Kydex, on the other hand, is a thermoplastic material that’s rigid and less prone to wear and tear. It allows for a quicker draw and is easier to clean. Choose the material that aligns with your needs and comfort level.
2. The Right Size: The holster must be an exact fit for your firearm. A loose or tight fit could cause your gun to dislodge or get stuck, which is a potential safety risk. It’s essential to measure your gun and compare it to the manufacturer’s specifications to ensure that you get the correct size of the IWB holster. Some manufacturers make holsters that are compatible with multiple models so that you can use the same holster for different guns. However, this can be riskier than having a specially made holster for a specific gun model because it increases the likelihood of a loose or poor fit.
3. Comfortability: The comfortability of the IWB holster is essential because you will likely spend the entire day wearing it. A comfortable holster means less irritation or discomfort, which enhances the overall experience of wearing your firearm. A comfortable holster also ensures that you can wear your holster all day without hurting your skin or having to readjust the holster regularly. Your IWB Holster should provide comfort while also being secure and allowing for a smooth draw. Therefore, it’s essential to choose the appropriate waistband size.
4. The Right Clip: A holster’s clip is the attachment that secures the holster to your waistband. Therefore it plays an essential role in how the holster sits in your waistband. Different types of clips offer varying levels of retention, which can affect the level of security and accessibility you have to your firearm. Some clips rely on tension, while others rely on hooks or screws. Choose the clip that you feel offers the most support and comfort for you.
5. Concealment: Lastly, when choosing the perfect IWB holster, it’s essential to consider the levels of concealment you need. An IWB holster is already a discreet way of carrying your firearm, but some holsters offer additional features such as adjustable cant and height to which can help hide the firearm even more. So consider what you need out of your holster and choose the best fit for the situation you plan on carrying in.
The perfect fit for your IWB holster should meet your specific needs and requirements. Ensure that the holster you’re purchasing is the right material, size, comfort and clip that you need — keeping in mind that your holster will be with you for years, and therefore, it’s essential to invest in the perfect fit for you and your firearm. Above all, your holster should keep your firearm secure and provide accessibility when you need it the most. With these factors in mind, you can now confidently carry your firearm with the perfect IWB holster.