It is necessary for all fans of gardening to have, one day or another, a garden shed.
Choose your garden shed
Buying a garden shed is very helpful. You can store your tools, bikes, furniture and garden products. It also turns into a real living room for your home. What will make the quality of your garden shed is the quality of the material, the level of finish and the ease of assembly, which will ensure a better longevity.
Gardening requires a lot of tools, more or less bulky and the garden shed, whether it is made of metal, wood or PVC can make your life easier. For building the garden gym room you can now have the full support.
If he is chosen well, he will make more than one envious around you. But this choice requires careful consideration, despite prices that have been falling for several years. Here are our 4 recommendations for choosing your garden shed.
Choose the location upstream
- A garden shed, you can imagine, takes up space.
- Depending on the space you have, the choice of shelter and materials may vary considerably
For example for a small garden, it is preferable to opt for a wooden “Cabinet” garden shed like this:
Or a large wooden chest like this:
Choose the material
The choice of component is extremely important. There are three main types of garden sheds (metal, PVC and wood) and each type of shelter has advantages and disadvantages.
Wooden garden shed:
Wood has the advantage of being ecological and of integrating well into the natural environment of your garden. However, maintenance remains important since you will need to perform an average of 1 stain per year.
Here is our recommendation for wooden shelters
Metal garden shed:
The metal will not need a lot of maintenance but you will lose a little in aesthetics. It is a very good solution for small purses.
Here is our recommendation for metal shelters
PVC garden shed:
PVC is a good synthesis of the advantages of the previous two. Aesthetic, solid, requiring little maintenance, the only drawback remains in the fairly high price.
Here is our recommendation of PVC shelters
Choose the size of your garden shed
- The size depends of course on the size of your garden but also on the use you want to make of it.
- Below 6 M², a garden shed will only serve to store your tools and possibly a few bikes if everything is well organized.
- Below 14 M², the surface will allow you to arrange a small work area for your work.
- With more than 15 M² you enter another dimension because you can install a small room to do your work, you rest between two plants or simply make it a living room.
Administrative procedures for a garden shed
Below 19m², you can file a simple declaration of work at the town hall.
Above 20M², you will not be able to install your shelter without applying for a building permit for it.