Insomnia refers to a sleep disorder that tends to affect millions of people worldwide. When suffering from insomnia, you might find it hard to remain asleep or even to fall asleep. Etizolam 1mg 30 tabletten might be one of the solutions to countering insomnia.
According to research, an average adult is supposed to sleep for about 7 hours on the minimum within 24 hours, depending on their age. Short term insomnia causes difficulty in being able to concentrate, fatigue, and many other problems. For long term insomnia, it might increase the risk of having other diseases.
What it means to be insomniac
When you have insomnia, you will have difficulty sleeping or remaining asleep. You might end up waking up too early. With that, it is likely going to lead to:
- Daytime lethargy or sleepiness
- A general feeling of physical or mental unwellness
- Irritability, mood changes, as well as anxiety.
The above can also cause you to develop insomnia. They may be effects, causes, or be both. It is also known for insomnia to cause certain chronic diseases such as:
- Cardiovascular illness
Causes of insomnia
There are several causes of insomnia, which can either be psychological or physical. In most instances, the reasons usually are temporal, like short term stress. But in other cases, insomnia could be due to a medical problem that is underlying.
The common causes include:
- Switching work shifts, jet lag, or having to deal with other changes that have affected your internal body clock
- The room is too cold, hot, or noisy, or an uncomfortable bed
- Having to care for someone in the house which might disrupt your sleeping pattern
- Going for little physical exercises
- Utilizing recreational drugs like ecstasy, or cocaine
- Having bad dreams or night terrors.
In some individuals, mental health or stress could be what causes insomnia. They could be experiencing:
- Bipolar disorder
Other health conditions that might limit the amount of sleep include:
- A thyroid that is overreactive
- Restless legs syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Sleep apnea
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Gastrointestinal reflux disease
In most instances, having a natural transition or health issue might cause you to have difficulty sleeping. When approaching or in menopause, there are hormonal changes that might make women have night sweats, which in the process, affect sleep.
Symptoms of insomnia
Apart from having a disruptive sleep, insomnia is likely to lead to:
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Sleeplessness or daytime fatigue
- Low energy or motivation
- Depression, irritability, or anxiety
- Difficulty having to work, socialize or study
- Poor focus and concentration
- Tension headaches
- Lack of coordination which leads to accidents and errors
- Using alcohol or medication to sleep
- Anxiety or worry about sleep
Lacking in sleep is one of the main causes of motor vehicle accidents.
Types of insomnia
It is possible to classify insomnia according to the duration
- Chronic insomnia which can last for several months or years
- Transient, acute insomnia, which tends to be a short term
Doctors at times classify it by its cause:
- Primary insomnia, which tends to be an issue on its own
- Secondary insomnia results from an underlying health issue.