For those new to pipe smoking, it is essential to understand the basics before trying it out. This guide will cover the types of pipes, how to prepare your weed, and how to smoke it properly. By the end, you will be an expert on pipe smoking!
The Different Types of Pipes
Many different types of pipes can be used for smoking weed. The most common type is the spoon pipe. It gets its name from its spoon-like shape and usually has a bowl less than an inch deep. Another type of pipe is the bubbler, similar to a spoon pipe but has a built-in water chamber. This water filters and cools the smoke before it is inhaled. Lastly, bongs and large water pipes are in many different shapes and sizes. Bongs can be made out of glass, plastic, or metal.
How to Prepare Your Weed
The first step is to grind your weed using a grinder or your hands. Once your weed is ground up, you will want to put it in the bowl of your pipe. Tamp down the weed, so it is packed tight but not too tight. You should be able to draw air through the bowl once it is packed. If you cannot draw air through the bowl, it is too tight, and you need to loosen it up. If you can draw air through the bowl, but there is no resistance, it is too loose, and you will need to pack it tighter.
How to Smoke Your Weed
Once your pipe is packed with weed, place your lips around the mouthpiece and light the bowl with a lighter. Inhale slowly at first and then more intensely as needed. The smoke should be drawn into your mouth and inhaled into your lungs. Hold the smoke in your lungs for a few seconds before exhaling. You can repeat this process until you have reached your desired level of intoxication. Remember to take breaks between hits so you do not get too high!
Tips for Smoking Weed
- Don’t inhale too intensely at first. Instead, start with small puffs and work your way up to deeper inhalations.
- Don’t hold the smoke in your lungs for too long. A good rule of thumb is to inhale for three seconds and then exhale for six seconds.
- If you start coughing, you inhale too profoundly or hold the smoke in your lungs for too long. Instead, try taking shallower puffs and exhaling more quickly.
- You can use a pipe screen to keep your weed from going into the bowl of your pipe. This will make for a cleaner smoking experience.
- If you are using a bong, make sure to fill the water chamber up halfway. This will ensure that the smoke is filtered and cooled correctly.
Now that you know the basics of pipe smoking, it is time to put them into practice! Grab some weed, grind it up, pack your pipe, and light up! Smoke slowly at first and take breaks between hits so you do not get too high. You’ll be smoking like a pro in no time with a bit of practice!